So, for my second week of blogging I had to decided what I wanted to do for my campus safari. It was actually the daily email that I receive from Southern events that helped me decide which task I wanted to perform this week. They gym was having a special all day today. Anyone that attends Southern could visit and tour the gym for free. No mombership sign ups required. They even offered workout classes like yoga, zumba, cycling, etc all day long (I posted a picture of the schedule). I really wanted to take the yoga or zumba class but unfortunately I was in class. I did however stop by to find out more about the gym.It cost sixty bucks a sememster for a gym membership (thirty five during the summer). They’re open mon-thurs: 7am-10pm, fri: 7am-8pm, sat: 9:30-4:30pm, and sun: 2pm-7pm. This flexible schedule allows students to be able to fit exercise into their schedules. They have a large variety of machines. There are cardio machines, weights, free weights and a stretching area. And it’s not like they have two of each machine, there’s like twenty of each type. They even have locker rooms. So you have a place to store your stuff after class and don’t have to walk across campus multiple times to drop your stuff off in your room/car. And you can shower right after your workout so you don’t have to walk across campus smelling ripe. It’s easy to pay for a membership, you can even pay for it online. All of this and more information can be found on the school’s website and they list the number to call if you have any questions.
I wasn honestly surprised by our school’s gym. I spend a lot of time in the Student Center in between breaks to eat and get work done. I’ve spent time in the eating area, the media room, and the fire study. I’ve passes the gym almost once a day and never looked twice at it. It always seemed so small, but when I actually stopped to look I notices that it’s a lot bigger than I had first assumed. And I noticed a board outside of the room that has specific classes on certain times and days. And the best part is, the schedule changes every week. So if one week I can’t take a class because I have class (sounds funny but I mean school) or work I can take it next week at a different time.
This trip to the gym has been eye-opening. I learned that there’s more to our school’s gym. It’s not just running on an old machine in a tiny room. I can have fun while exercising with a variety of machines and classes. I already belong to another gym, but I’m considering joining this one because it’s convienant, cheaper, and I can call up a friend and drag them out of their dorm and make them take a class with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment