I hate being sick. Like, I REALLY hate being sick. Then again I don’t know many people that enjoy bring sick unless it’s to get out of a test or something….. But I’m getting off topic hear. I don’t like getting sick because once I get a cold I never get over it. When I was a kid, I use to get a cold every year from October to March. It would be on and off for the entire winter and I missed out on so much (although I did enjoy missing school).
Vitamins are my best friend. I take one every morning with my breakfast. I also don’t skip out on meals, especially breakfast. I make sure I don’t eat junk food all day either. I plan my meals so that I make sure I cover all basic food groups. I usually start off my day with a bowl of mini wheats. For lunch, I usually pack a tofu sandwich, apple, yogurt, and a few 100 calorie packs. I invested in a Packit so my yogurt wouldn’t spoil (yes you can laugh at me all you want but these things really work). I snack throughout the day to keep my blood sugar up and keep me awake during classes.
My dinner varies from day to day. Usually Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday I eat Subway because I’m at work and I get free food so why not? Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday I usually make dinner with my boyfriend. We try to mix it up for dinner and stay healthy. When we both get out of school we head to the grocery store to pick up supplies to construct our dinner. I love the fact that my boyfriend has an iPhone because he can look up recipes for whatever we crave in the store. Some days we feel ambitious and try to make new things like pizza. Other days we’re a bit on the lazy side so we stick to simple things like pasta. And occasionally we are really lazy and we’ll splurge on McDonalds or Taco Bell.
Another important factor in staying healthy during flu season is to get plenty of exercise. I intentionally park in Lot 9 so I have a longer walk and stairs to tackle. I only have two classes that are back to back. The firs one is in the basement and the next one is on the third floor. I COULD take the elevator, but I choose to hike up the stair to get a little more exercise. I also have a membership to planet fitness. My boyfriend and I carpool together (but we don’t work out together, we go off and do our own thing). Having someone to go with motivates me not to skip out on the gym.
I also try to get as much sleep as possible. My immune system starts to weaken if I don’t get enough rest. And I get really moody. Those are just a few things that I do to keep healthy. My doctor suggested getting a flu shot this year since I’m in college now and I’m considering it.

No comments:
Post a Comment