For the past two weeks, I spent most of my free time doing something uncomfortable (interviewing people and working with an unfamiliar software for my midterm assignment). I expressed my feelings in a previous blog and my professor commended me on my honesty and efforts to get through this project.
Now this weeks assignment is to go out and do something new, that would make us step out oh our comfort zone… -_-…. Really now? I have to do this all over again? Oh well, I’m feeling adventurous so I decided to give it my all. And luck for me the perfect opportuity arose last weekend. Saturdays are my one day of absolute freedom, I have no school, no work, no other commitments. It’s completely free for me to make plans with friends and do whatever we want.
This weekend one friend suggested that we go to Sleeping Giant. Now I’ve never been there, but I know it’s pretty steep and I don’t do well with heights. If I’m too high up and look down I usually get dizzy. I decided to go for it (since it would be a great blogging topic). Since all of my friends have already been there, they decided to go on the Blue Trail (the hardest trail).
For those of you who have never been on the Blue Trail it starts with a vertical climb. I guess its to give everyone a quick taste of what they’re going into. There were a few plateaus but it was mostly uphill. It was very difficult. There was one part where you could overlook and easily fall. I took a quick peak out of curiosity and instantlym regretted it. Luckily I was smart and kept a distance.
We had to stop a few times because my boyfriend and another friend got sick a few times (my boyfriend decided to drink a milk protein shake and our friend ate a footlong meatball sub right before we started). It’s safe to say that they regretted that decision. When we got to the top, it was absolutely beautiful. I took a picture with my phone (my friend Becky is in the picture). It was absolutely gorgeous and the weather was perfect. Not too hot, cold enough that we would be cooled after hiking.After hanging out for a bit we started heading back down. It was a fun, tiring walk back. When we got back to our cars we decided to stop at Sonic for a bite to eat. Overall, it was a scary, fun, exciting way to spend my day. I can’t wait to go back to Sleeping Giant. I conquered a fear (sort of), got to hang out with friends, and enjoyed a gorgeous view of a New England autumn.
No comments:
Post a Comment